Saturday, June 30, 2018

June 30 update

Today for me started out beyond frustrating. See, I have my method of doing things when it comes to practicing. I start with my Les Paul, then move on to my Strat, then on to my SG, then on to my Ibanez where I hit THE DAMN WALL! There is nothing more frustrating to me personally than a high action (distance from strings to the fretboard) in this case, to me, the action on my Ibanez was high enough to fly a 747 under. It took me almost 2 hours to get the action to the way I wanted it and to adjust intonation. I stuck with it and finally got my action back down to earth.

This permitted me to move on with an upset frame of mind on to my other SG, my ESP LTD F50 and today for the first time in god only knows how long, I was able to play my P-Bass. I know when I've had a good day based off of whether or not I hit the ability to hit the bass. Keep sticking with Rocksmith and things get much easier as you go. Yes, it's aggravating, yes it's frustrating, yes it makes your fingers hurt, but when you're able to post numbers like this, it's not as bad. Inch by inch, anything's a cinch, yard by yard it's very very hard. Check out the accuracy, and the mastery




2 comments:

  1. So you you are learning guitar yet you have 4 electrics guitars whats the story there? I think this is a waste of money and honestly i think I will probably do the same thing in near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go into greater detail since you asked:

    My first act 222 guitar contained the following when purchased for $109 at wal-mart
    The guitar itself, guitar pick, strap, amplifier, and dust cover

    My Irin bass guitar was purchased for $75.00 off of ebay and contained the bass itself, a strap, dust cover, and 3 bass picks

    My Maestro by gibson sg style cut guitar was purchased off of a flea market for $50.00 and was refurbished by the manufacturer, contained the guitar, a dvd, cloth gig bag, spare set of strings, as well as a book

    My BC stratocaster was $75.00 ordered off of wal-mart and contained the guitar, gig bag, strap, amplifier, picks, as well as another pamphlet on :how to play

    I have a Glarry Ibanez style guitar in white that was just the guitar itself ordered off of ebay for $60.00 with a strap

    My esp ltd f50 style metal guitar once again is a chinese knock off that I purchased from amazon for $60 that came with amplifier, strap, picks, tuner, and cables

    My epiphone les paul was a gift from a family member

    Admittedly, do I NEED this many guitars? No, not at all. However, what I do is I have each guitar set to a particular tune

    Les Paul is set to E standard
    BC strat is set to drop d
    Maestro sg is set to d standard
    etc....

    So, here's how this works:
    I practice an hour on each guitar on nonstop play, when that hour is up yes I'm fatigued. I then put that particular guitar away and grab the next one which is set up differently, has a different feel and a different neck and sounds different. It's a mental and physical reset and that's another hour. I keep going until I've run through each guitar once. My "reward" for making it through each and every guitar at the end of the day is the bass guitar. Bass is it's own monster and I've found it to be a relatively easy cool down after a full day of playing.

    Now, if I were to purchase all major American this is how it would break down (using sweetwater.com as a reference) vs. buying them in my way.
    My les paul standard: 3300
    Fender Stratocaster: 1200
    Gibson sg (x2):3299
    Ibanez rg: 400
    ESP LTD f50: 700
    Fender pbass: 1500
    Electric Acoustic Guitar: Right around $300
    All in for brand name guitars....Right around $10,500 out the door with no amplifiers, straps, picks, etc. THAT'S JUST FOR THE GUITARS!

    So, the total so far of my guitars as they've been purchased comes to:
    $369.00

    Expensive guitars don't make good players. A good player though can make an cheap guitar sound amazing. Likewise, every guitar is completely different and it's a lot of discovery about yourself. I highly recommend if you're going to consider going down this road to check out Guitar Max on youtube. He covers a LOT of inexpensive but quality guitars and gear.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN--LUAhUtNekrhRIC24J_A

    ReplyDelete

So what's been going on? Why the silence?

A lot has been happening, I've been involved in major weight loss. My weight had pushed to over 270 lbs and I've been trying to get ...